Read This or Stay Broke
How To Get Your Blog Online Without The Hardwork
Making money online is easy. That’s my belief and when it’s yours – you’ll make money fast. Right here I’m going to take you step-by-step, lead you by the hand and walk you through the easiest way i know to get your blog up and running today.
When you’ve followed what I’ve laid out for you here, you’ll be on your way to a better life… more money… and the time to spend it all.
I have a few blogs and between them, I earn over $30,000 a month. I own my own software product, used by over 5000 successful entrepreneurs, I was able to do this because of IncomeDiary.
MTV even saw my blog and asked me to be in a new show they were doing. Companies such as Ralph Lauren and DELL have contacted me for exposure on my blog.
I’ve spoken on stage around the world, heck I’ve even had a 2 page spread in a Brazilian newspaper about me, if I care about being famous and in the press.
I would have even done interviews for BBC, ITV and Channel 4 when they contacted me.
Now I can imagine you may be thinking this is impossible. How can having a blog, make all that money and bring so much success?
It’s really simple, it gets you SEEN. The money is just a by-product of the blog. All the success and opportunities is the real reason I blog and so should you.
I know that I could go anywhere in the world and I would have a reader in the area who would be happy to buy me a beer and show me around.
How a blog becomes successful is simple, you set it up like I’m just about to show you. You create great content. Drive traffic. And from that traffic you make money.
Once you get things going it just grows and grows. Search engines rank you higher with age. I haven’t updated one of my website in over two years but every month I get more traffic.
Here’s the quick way to setting up your blog…
A website and a blog are usually the same thing. This blog run’s on some free software called WordPress which is used by over millions of other people all over the world.
You just need three things to appear on the web, those are:
- A domain, this is what you call your website, for me it’s IncomeDiary.com, for you it could be MyBlogName.com
- Web Hosting, this is required to host your website on the internet so that people can visit it.
- WordPress, this is what will help you run your website, this free software will allow you to add, edit and delete pages on your website. You also have a choice from over 100,000 different blog designs and 1000′s of free plugins that will allow your website to do different things.
Setting up the above three things shouldn’t take more then around 10 minutes, setting up a blog is very easy if you use the right tools.
Registering a domain
I have a lot of domains, how I come up with their domains is simple, they are descriptive of what the site is about, so for example, ExpertPhotography.com is about how to become an expert at photography.
For you, you may be creating a website about saving time by outsourcing, a good domain would be SaveTimeOutsource.com. I suggest you only go for .Com or .Net domain and try to keep the name of your blog as short as possible.
To register your domain, go to a website called GoDaddy, if your in America you will probably seen their Superbowl Adverts and already know who they are. A domain will set you back less then $10 a year and is one of the most important things to get right.
Here’s how to host your website on the internet
Your on my website right now, to do this, I have to host it on a server so that people can come and visit it. It’s quite simple, you rent some space on a server for around $5 a month and can put all your files on it and thousands of people can come and visit it without any hassle.
I personally use HostGator and I highly recommend them because they have 24/7 live support with agents who will always be happy to help you with any issue you may have.
One of the main reasons why you need to host with HostGator is that they have a built in plugin called Fantastico which allows you to install WordPress (blogging software) with one click.
They don’t charge any additional price for this but if you went with any other company, you would be likely to pay an extra $10 or so a month which is more then the hosting in the first place.
Setting up wordpress on your hosting
Back in the day when I started, this would be a nightmare, you would have to upload thousands of files and learn lot’s of technical stuff which no one wants to do.
However, in 2011 all you need to do is login to your hosting controle panel and click Fantastico and click Install WordPress, less then 60 seconds later your blog is installed, you have a website on the internet and you can start publishing content.
Here is a video I recorded taking you through the whole thing in under 10 minutes.
Now you have set up your website, it’s time to learn and implement the things that will drive traffic to your website and make you money.
Content is why someone visits your website, creating great content will mean more people will visit your website. Would you still be reading this website if it wasn’t for the great content? NO! Write well and people will come.
- 10 Blog Post Creation Tips Every Blogger Should Follow
- 20+ Blog Pages Every Blogger Needs To Have
- How To Create Great Content So People Visit Your Website
- Unusual, Cheeky and Fun Ways To Get Inspiration For Blog Posts
Instant money strategies
I create websites because it’s my passion but I don’t think I would enjoy it as much if I didn’t make so much money from it, here are my favorite articles that I wrote related to making money from a website.
- 14 Ways To Actually Make Money From a Website
- Money Making Strategies – What I’m Doing In 2011
- How To Make Money Promoting Affiliate Products
- 11 Things I Tried In 2010, What Made Me What!
- How To Build a Mailing List and How To Make Money From It
- 10 Ways To Increase Your Affiliate Promotions
- Creating and Selling a Digital Product Online (eBooks, Membership etc..)
Traffic getting guides
What is the point of creating a website if no one visits it apart from yourself and a few close friends. I have published some great posts about how to drive traffic to your blog. Without traffic, you can’t make money, without great content, people won’t stay long enough to earn you money. Do you see how this is all coming together?
- My top 3 blog traffic secrets, fastest way to get 1000 visitors per day
- Using This Twitter Tool, I Get 400 Visitors a Day From Twitter
- 10 Ways To Get 100 Visitors a Day
- How To Drive Traffic From Facebook Fan Pages
We all struggle to keep motivated, personally I’m at the point with my business where I don’t have any financial worries so it’s hard for me to find a reason to keep working because to be honest with you, I don’t. I do however because I’m motivated by success, you may be the same or you may not be making money yet and want to get to this point. Here are my favorite posts to inspire and motivate you to keep pushing forward.
- Top Earning Blogs – How Much Money The Top Blogs Earn
- 20 Blogs That Sold For Millions
- The System I Used To Make IncomeDiary $5000 In The First Month
- 20 Bloggers Who Became Famous and So Much More
The next step…
I’m a perfectionist and I know every improvement I make is going to mean more traffic to my website which in turn will make me even more money, here are some posts to help you make improvements.