How I Get Over 100,000 Visitors a Month With Top List Articles
Table of Contents
Below is an excerpt from Traffic Domination.
Traffic to me is the simplest thing on the planet. It is so dam easy. All you have to do is provide people with epic stuff and they will come & they will share.
I have created over 100 ‘top list’ type posts which have been viewed by millions. They are so popular and well received that they have been featured on Reddit Homepage, New York Times, Yahoo News & one even became a Trending Topic on Twitter! The best part… I can get these types of posts created for just $25. Let me teach you how.
Why Creating Lists Wins You Traffic
When you Google, think what you are typing in, lets say you are looking for a cure for a health problem. Just for example, you are going to type in Cure Acid Reflux. That’s a big search term. Same with anything else in the industry that people are trying to cure. Firstly you would be surprised how many people don’t name the article what people are searching for in Google. This blows my mind. Why are you calling your article something fancy and using words people don’t ever use, just to make yourself look smart. No one is typing that in Google, so you shouldn’t be naming your posts that.
I’m no SEO expert, there I said it. But I do get around 200,000 visitors a month from Google alone so it’s kind of a big deal for me. Here’s what I believe: Google ranks sites which are naturally awesome. Forget everything about buying links and social love. Just imagine that your posts are so cool, people spend ages on your site and people love to share your stuff. That’s what GOOGLE wants! Great content because they are in the content industry. There job is to provide users with the right content and the best possible option, if yours is not that, then you don’t rank so well.
Back to my health post, I will call it :
10 Ways To Cure Acid Reflux
Somewhere I heard that odd numbers work better for open rates and marketing so I often will change the 10 for 7, 11, 13, 17 basically any odd number that looks good. I will decide how many I want before I even create the post.
But lets look at those silly people I love that make my life easy when I try to out rank their articles because they name their articles something stupid, for example:
Surefire Ways To Eradicate Acid Reflux
Are you freaking kidding me. I’m sure some idiot will type in Eradicate Acid Reflux every month or two but Surefire Ways? No Way!
You think this is an extreme example? Heck no, this is a nice example.
Tip 1. Name Your Posts Something People Search For!
Here’s where top lists dominate:
- Firstly, they are quite long so people tend to spend a while reading them.
- Each part is in section, for example, our Cure Acid Reflux post, its 7 cures, so we have 7 headlines with each option. Because of this, people can quickly decide YES, there’s something here I am willing to do, so I will read it all. I think a lot of articles don’t do well because people are not prepared to commit time to read a page if they don’t think it’s going to help them.
- The title says exactly what you get, so you know what you are getting into.
- When shared on social media, again, people know what they are about to get. I swear, people will retweet and share stuff just because of the title, not even knowing if the article is good or not.
Step 1. To Dominating Any Industry
Post a crap load of top posts. That’s what I do, I show up in dozens of industry’s and just do the same old top list posts but for different industry’s. Here’s some examples:
IncomeDiary (Blogging/Make Money Industry)
- Top 30 Most Influential People In Blogger
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be a Internet Entrepreneur
- 10 Christmas Gifts For Entrepreneurs
- 17 Tips To Cure Bloggers Block
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Facebook
ExpertPhotography (Photography Industry)
- Top 30 Most Influential People In Photography
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To be a Photographer
- 10 Christmas Gifts For Photographers
- 17 Tips To Fix Bad Photos
- 20 Photographers To Follow on Facebook
WhyamIUnhealthy (Health Industry)
- Top 30 Most Influential People in Natural Health
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be Healthy
- 10 Christmas Gifts for Super Healthy People
- 17 Tips To Cure Acid Reflux
- 20 Health Experts To Follow on Facebook
Retireat21 (Young Entrepreneur Industry)
- Top 30 Most Influential Young Entrepreneurs
- 10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be a Young Entrepreneur
- 10 Christmas Gifts For Young Entrepreneurs
- 17 Tips To Stop People Treating You Different Because Of Your Age
- 20 Young Entrepreneurs To Follow On Facebook
Are you getting the gist yet?
And it doesn’t stop there. Each post can be done in so many other ways. For example:
10 Reasons Why It Rocks To Be a Photographer… you could flip this on it’s head and do 10 Reasons Why It Sucks….
Tip 2. Turn One Top List Into a Series of Top Lists
Remember our post suggestion: 20 Bloggers To Follow on Facebook
How about doing that with every social network:
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Twitter
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Youtube
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Pinterest
- 20 Bloggers To Follow on Google+
Instead of doing a post such as “20 Ways To Improve Your Website” – you could split it into a series and niche each one down, so for example:
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Websites Load Time
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Websites Useability
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Websites Blog Layout
- 10 Ways To Improve your Websites Conversion Rate
Step 2. Getting Articles Created (20 at a time)
So in order to achieve great success with my blogs, I need a crap load of content…. by doing basically no actual work. Want to know how I get articles written for $25 with a 24 hour turn around period, 20 at a time.
Just to confirm. I pay $25 for each article, I often buy 20 at a time and each article only takes 24 hours and can be written by thousands of different authors. The best thing is, if I don’t like it, I either get them to edit it or I can refuse to pay for it. Incredible?!?!!
Love what you have read so far?
Get the rest inside the Traffic Domination membership site instantly.