My Biggest Traffic Getting Tip
(STOP AND DO THIS RIGHT NOW).
I have created four blogs that each get over 100,000 monthly visitors. The secret to getting all these visitors is creating the right kind of content.
Take a look at our Traffic Domination training to find out:
- The single best type of blog post and how to get other people to write it for you.
- 5 example posts that have never failed to drive us huge amounts of traffic.
- How we get viral traffic through Reddit, New York Times, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.
Stop Sucking So Much At Selling Online – 10 Websites That Will Improve Your Conversion Optimization
Table of Contents
- 1. Click Here: 11 Ways to Improve Your Call to Actions
- 2. 10 Call-to-Action Case Studies w/ Takeaways & Examples from Real Button Tests
- 3. 26 Beautiful Landing Page Designs Critiqued with A/B Testing Tips
- 4. 40 Checkout Page Strategies to Improve Conversion Rates
- 5. How we made $1 million for SEOmoz—with one landing page and a few emails
- 6. Long Copy vs. Short Copy (one converts 220% better)
- 7. 19 Things We Can Learn From Numerous Heatmap Tests
- 8. 7 Proven Headline Formulas That Convert (And why they work)
- 9. WhichTestWon’s Library of 350+ A/B Tests
- 10. 11 Simple (But Critical) Tips for Creating Better Landing Pages
Imagine if you had a best friend who knew everything. That would be so helpful right? Well you kind of do, thanks to Facebook.
All you have to do is find a Facebook group related to your question and then ask. And that is exactly what I did yesterday when searching for help with increasing conversions.
The only thing industry bloggers ever talk about is traffic. It’s super important, I get that. But what if, instead of focusing even more time on more traffic, why not increasing conversions?
Think about it this way, you get 100,000 visitors to your site very month and you want to make twice the amount of money. You have two options.
1. Double site traffic.
2. Double site conversions.
If you had to post 300 articles to achieve 100,000 visitors a month, you would have to write a lot of articles to duplicate the success you had previously. However, with conversions, a few simple split tests can be all that is required.
IncomeDiary’s Favorite Conversion Optimization Articles…
As a side note, when you look at these articles and the blogs they are published on, try to spot what some of them have in common. A lot have the same design elements, branding, sales tactics etc, comment letting me know what you find out.
1. Click Here: 11 Ways to Improve Your Call to Actions
There are two key elements to marketing. The first is to drive traffic to your website and the second is to get the traffic to convert into customers. You can have a million visitors going to your website, but if you can’t convert them, what’s the point?
In this article, Neil outlines 11 things that can improve conversions, including multiple examples of testing he has done his self. In one test, Neil increased conversions by 28% simply by changing the buy button.
2. 10 Call-to-Action Case Studies w/ Takeaways & Examples from Real Button Tests
When it comes to conversion rate optimization, your call-to-action buttons are the ultimate low-hanging fruit. Even minor tweaks to button design and copy can have major impact on conversions. Here are 10 examples from A/B tests I’ve conducted, where I’ve experimented with everything from copy and button design over to the placement of the button.
3. 26 Beautiful Landing Page Designs Critiqued with A/B Testing Tips
Each example will examine the thought process you’d go through when analyzing a page (or the reaction a visitor might have when arriving for the first time), a testing hypothesis for how the page might perform better, and some examples of what you could test to prove your hypothesis.
This should give you and the page creators some inspiration for further testing, and show what you should consider when you run your own landing page A/B tests.
4. 40 Checkout Page Strategies to Improve Conversion Rates
In the past, we have seen as much as 75% of our visitors, abandon the shopping cart page.
To many website owners, shopping cart abandonment and conversion rate drops on a checkout page may seem to be a bitter fact of e-commerce life. But it doesn’t have to be that way. In fact, you can increase conversion rates on your checkout page by helping to give your shopper everything they need to make an informed, confident decision. Print out this helpful checklist and use it to optimize your checkout page for higher conversion rates.
5. How we made $1 million for SEOmoz—with one landing page and a few emails
I remember reading this article when it first came out. It blew my mind, how a successful online business can see such huge growth, so quickly, just by split testing.
The first split test that Conversion Rate Experts conducted for SEOmoz, they generated a 52% improvement in sales.
Within the first four months of work, we increased annual revenues by $1 million.
6. Long Copy vs. Short Copy (one converts 220% better)
The question of long copy versus short copy is not new, and there is no shortage of differing opinions.
- Should webpage copy be as short as possible?
- Should it be long?
- Is there an optimal length to a webpage?
To answer these questions, Flint McGlaughlin, Managing Director, MECLABS, walked through a recent experiment from the MECLABS research laboratory in which a few strategic changes to copy length led to a 220% increase in conversion.
7. 19 Things We Can Learn From Numerous Heatmap Tests
Heatmaps are great for analyzing the behavior of your visitors. They can lead to insights you can’t find using other methods, which can greatly increase your conversion rate.
Heatmaps are roughly divided between mousetracking heatmaps and eyetracking heatmaps. The big majority of companies use mousetracking heatmaps because of it’s price effectiveness.
If you haven’t done much split testing, or anything at all, then you should read this article. It will open your eyes to over a dozen of simple mistakes you are probably making right now.
8. 7 Proven Headline Formulas That Convert (And why they work)
Struggle writing blog post, sales page and email headlines? This article is for you! Russ, outlines his favorite 7 headlines that have proven to work for him and gives you examples of how it can work in your industry.
I liked this article so much, I even used his examples to write the title of this post.
9. WhichTestWon’s Library of 350+ A/B Tests
I love this site! It’s simple, they display two webpages and you have to decide which converted the best. Once you voted, they tell you the results and why the winning test did so well. Simple and educational.
10. 11 Simple (But Critical) Tips for Creating Better Landing Pages
There are quite a few best practices every marketer should consider when setting up and optimizing landing pages. So to keep you on track, here is your landing page check list of all the things you must be doing.
PS. Thanks Internet Marketing Super Fans.